Wednesday, May 6, 2009

2 Month Doctor's Appointment

Today was Emily's 2 month appointment. It went very well besides the shots. I think the shots are harder on the parents than on the child. It just breaks my heart to see her cry:( She has been busy growing...Emily weighed 12 lbs. 7 oz.(95th percentile) and is 23 1/2 inches long(90th percentile). It is no wonder she is such a good sleeper at night, she eats well during the day. We are SOOOO lucky and I count my blessings everyday. She has been sleeping between 6 1/2 to 8 hours at night for the past few weeks!!!! The pediatrician has advised me not to feed her the one time she wakes up in the night, because she is capable of sleeping 10-12 hours. I sure hope so! Tim and I are feeling VERY rested with her sleeping better:)

Now if she would only take a bottle so we can have a bit more flexibility. I have figured out from other moms that this is a common "problem" with breastfed babies. They want their Mom. We are still working very patiently on it.

I decided to put her in the Bumbo chair for the first time this week. The box says 3 months and up, but she holds her head up so well and is pretty strong, so I thought lets try it. She did not like it at first. But she loves it now, mainly because she can look all around. She doesn't want to miss anything that is going on. Tim and I call her Stevie Wonder because she is moving her head side to side trying to look at everything! In the Baby Bjorn she will only allow me to put her facing forward...she does not like her view obstructed.

One of my favorite pictures

Daddy was making her smile again

Pooped out from all the smiling and talking she has been doing


No gums smile

HiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Karate?

Happy girl after her bath


The first time in her Bumbo Chair she wasn't so sure


Now she loves it!!

Supporting her Auntie Beth's Huskers

No comments:

Background