Friday, August 22, 2008

Third Doctor is the Charm

Tim and I went to the new doctor yesterday and it was NOT exactly what we were expecting. We waited for an hour in the waiting room. When you go to a doctor, you have to expect to wait a little, but not an hour. Tim and I are pretty prompt people and like to be early, so when someone does not respect our time it is really hard to comprehend.

While we were waiting, we overheard one of the receptionists on the phone say a doctor was running an hour late, we weren't sure if she was talking about our doctor or another doctor in the office. But, she did not bother to share that OUR doctor was the one who was an hour behind...annoying. Then, we got into the room and had to wait another 20 minutes! Needless to say, we were not very happy. I have never seen Tim so patient, I could see the steam billowing out of his ears and I know he was ready to leave, but he said nothing. The icing on the cake....when the doctor came in, she did not even say she was sorry!

We were so upset at that point, we didn't even really enjoy hearing the baby's heartbeat for the first time. After all the frustration, the most important thing is, the baby is fine. We have a new due date...February 27th, sorry dad, hopefully the little bugger will come early!

So, we got in the car and we looked at each other and said at practically the same time, "We need to find a new doctor, that was RIDICULOUS." I called my friend Danielle, who just had a baby and got the name and number of her doctor. She was VERY happy with her...referrals from a friend are always the best! So, we go see the new doctor on September 10th. When I called the new office the receptionist asked who was my previous doctor, and her response was "Ooooo." So, I guess she has a bad reputation in the OB/GYN community.

After all this craziness, I am just so grateful that I have had an easy pregnancy and the baby is fine. Everything happens for a reason and these tests of faith only make us stronger!

No comments:

Background