Sunday, July 31, 2011

Little Sponge

Within the last week, we have seen Emily's imagination emerge.  She has conversations with her dolls(which are all named Lilly), she will pretend to be her doll's swim teacher in the bath tub, she will ask if you want a pretend ladybug and "hand" it over to you saying "be careful, don't drop it", she will have a full conversation on a fake phone, etc.   It is so cute to see her in this new stage.  

Her language and vocabulary continually floor Tim and I everyday.  She is such a sponge!!!  We can talk to her as if she is an adult, and she will converse with us no problem.  She regularly puts 6 or 7 words together to make a sentence and people understand her!!   My mom tells me I need to stop teaching her things because she is going to be bored in school!  She can count to ten, sing the ABC's, knows all her colors and most of the shapes, and knows the sound that "a" and "t" make.  Maybe my kindergarten background has a little bit to do with this:)  I don't sit down with her and teach her these things.  I just incorporate it in her everyday activities, I guess it comes naturally for me. 

She loves her doll Lily

Teaching Lily how to put her face in the water...nice tan lines too.

My little grocery shopper...the best way to entertain her when I have to bring her!  Thank you Ralph's for the mini cart!! 

Stopping for a card for Daddy

This one sounds good

No comments:

Background