Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Maui

We were in Maui all last week! We had the best time together as a family. I get teary eyed every time we leave the resort because of all the memories and fun we have had! I want to go back!!!! At least, we get to go again next year:) I have to admit, I was VERY nervous about flying with our wiggly 2 year old for 5+ hours, but to our surprise she did AWESOME both ways. It helped that I came prepared with 30+ gift wrapped presents to open every so often and the IPad. She did sleep for a little bit each way too.

Every morning we would walk(1.8 miles each way) to the Westin hotel for breakfast. We mainly did it for exercise, but an added bonus was for Emily to see the swan, "mingos"(flamingos), fish, and parrots. She LOVED it. She would wake up asking to go see them. Then we would hang out by the pools...big pool, baby pool, pirate pool, or spa. She got to choose.

Tim and I are soooo happy we bought the time share last year. We now have a family vacation spot to enjoy together.


Coloring on the plane


Fell asleep watching Toy Story


We made it!







Nice picture of Mama and Papa and the goof ball in the front dancing


Swimming to the rocks


Swimming in the big pool...she is getting really good


Pirate Pool slide...she went down about 20 times everyday


Feeding the swan cheerios

One of her parrots that she cherished, me not so much, but you do it for your child





This is our attempt at a family photo...I have to tickle her to stay in the picture




Looks like a postcard in the background


Watching the waves with Daddy





We take a picture in this spot every year in Lahaina...had to con her with a bag of jelly beans for this photo





Hard to believe we have almost been married 5 years:)


View from our lanai


Cutie pie


Tim's parents, sister, and brother-in-law joined us for the last couple days of our trip


Nothing better than a Maui sunset at dinner


Jumping to Daddy






Dinner at Duke's

Emily singing and dancing during the live entertainment at Duke's

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Awesome pictures. Thanks for posting. When John and I went to Maui we stayed at the Westin. Great place and loved the location. You guys are lucky to be only 5 hrs. away. It takes all day for us. Emily is so darn cute. Big girl bed...almost time for another one. Maybe it's Beth's turn? Love looking at the pics.

Background