The most trying time as parent yet!! Emily has her opinion and she will let you know if she is "all done" or doesn't want something. She has also figured out how to push her Mommy and Daddy's buttons by doing everything you don't want her to do:) I think I am still in denial, but Emily doesn't take naps anymore!! Ewwww! I still don' t even like saying it. I thought I had at least 6 months more of napping, but she had a different idea. I have talked to other moms and they have said she is way too young to stop napping, but this kid will NOT take a nap. It was a battle everyday to get her down for a nap and we both end up exhausted and frustrated. This started about 3 weeks ago. So, we have established a new daily routine which includes quiet time in the afternoon and an earlier bed time(6:30pm). She used to go to bed at 8:00...so Tim and I have been enjoying the long, quiet evenings together.
Despite this little "hurdle," she still makes us laugh everyday. One of her favorite things to do is draw on her easel or on any piece of paper she can find. She also can practically carry a full conversation with us now. She is constantly stringing 2 and sometimes 3 words together. She loves to tell you stories about her day or things that have happened in the past. I, of course, have to fill in the blanks for the person who is listening. Em is growing up sooooo fast! We can't believe she is going to be 2 years old in 2 months. When asked, she will say her name is "Eminee Yapp" and she is "2."
Nice diaper change Daddy
She is really into shopping these days:)

Emily writing her name with help from me


No comments:
Post a Comment