After three "unsuccessful" attempts, Emily finally sat on Santa's lap today. She was really excited to go see him when we were eating lunch and I thought "here we go again." But she REALLY wanted to see Santa today!!! Of course, it was at a time when I would rather her picture not be taken. First, she has a huge scab on her upper lip, a little chip on her front tooth, and her outfit was not the best. Oh well, we can't look our best all the time...I sure don't!!
Now the story of how she got her "ouchies"...Emily was running in the street pushing a baby stroller. She fell on the asphalt and skinned her upper lip and chipped her front tooth a little. So, I took her to the Pediatric Dentist yesterday just to get things checked out. They took x-rays and the Dentist said she didn't think the tooth was going to die, but to watch it. I am so sad I did not get any pictures at the dentist because I was holding her to the whole time. I should have asked the nurse...oh well! Emily did great and did not cry once. When you ask her what she does at the dentist, she says "awww" and opens her mouth. The office was SUPER nice and KID friendly(video game room, tv's on the ceiling for when you are lying in the chair, and toys all over) which made it alot easier too. We go back in 6 months for another exam and more x-rays. The dentist said her lip took the brunt of the fall. She also said she usually sees boys with chipped teeth, not girls! I guess she takes after her Daddy...he went to the ER and urgent care numerous times when he was younger.
Poor lip...thank goodness our Christmas pictures have been taken:)
No comments:
Post a Comment